Day 1: Arrive Leh
Welcome to Leh, the capital of Ladakh, experience the stunning views as you fly over the dramatic regions of the Himalayas, Zanskar and the Karakoram Ranges, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. On arrival, check into at your hotel. Spend the rest of the day acclimatizing to the climate of Ladakh. Overnight stay at Leh.
Day 2: Leh – Monastery Tour
After breakfast, proceed to visit the Indus Valley Monastery tour including Shey Monastery, the Sindhu Ghat, Thiksey Monastery – an impressive complex rising tier upon tier on a hill above the village and the Druk Padma Karpo OR popularly known as Rancho’s School. Return to the hotel for lunch. Post lunch you will visit the Shanti Stupa and the Leh Market where you can shop for your loved ones. Please note beautification of the market is in progress and it may be a little inconvenient to walk around. Evening back to hotel. Dinner will be served at the hotel. Overnight stay at Leh.
Day 3: Leh – Nubra Valley (120 kms / 5 hrs)
After an early breakfast we drive to Nubra Valley crossing Khardung La pass – the highest motorable road in the world at 18,380 ft. Nubra Valley is situated to the North of Ladakh between the Karakoram range and Ladakh range of the Himalayas. Check in at the resort / camp and post lunch visit the Samstaling Monastery and the Sumur Sand Dunes. Here you can enjoy a camel ride on the Bactrian camel which is known for its double hump (at own cost). If you like you can also attend a cultural show where the locals display their folk dance (at own cost). Return back to the resort / camp for dinner. Overnight stay at Nubra Valley.
Day 4 Nubra Valley – Leh (120 kms / 7 hrs)
Enjoy breakfast at the camp, proceed to visit the Diskit Monastery and the Sand Dunes at Hunder where you can enjoy a Camel Safari (at own cost) on a double hump Bactrian camel. Later we drive to Leh over Khardung-la-pass. You can rest and relax in the afternoon or take a walk to the local market. Enjoy your dinner at the hotel. Overnight stay at Leh.
Day 5: Leh – Pangong Lake (150 kms / 5 hrs)
After an early breakfast we leave for Pangong Lake through the Changla pass at 5486 mtrs. Pangong Lake, situated at 14,000 feet (4,267 m) is a long narrow basin of inland drainage, hardly six to seven kilometers at its widest point and over 130km in length. It is bisected by the international border between India and China. Enjoy the landscape in the back drop of the lake, one rarely feels so close to nature and environment and the scenery is unforgettable. Evening is at leisure. Enjoy a local dinner at your camp. Overnight stay at Pangong Lake.
Day 6: Pangong Lake – Leh (150 kms / 5 hrs)
Enjoy breakfast at the camp, later you drive back to Leh. Enroute to Leh you will visit the famous Hemis Monastery. Rest of the day is free for leisure activities. Enjoy your dinner at the hotel. Overnight stay at Leh.
Day 7: Leh – Alchi – Leh (65 kms / 3 hrs)
After breakfast you will proceed to visit the Hall of Fame – museum constructed by the Indian Army, Gurudwara Patthar Sahib nestled deep in the Himalayas, which was built by the Lamas of Leh in 1517 to commemorate the visit of Guru Nanak Dev. Further we experience the Magnetic Hill which defies the Law of Gravity. Witness the confluence of the Indus and Zanskar rivers from Nimoo. You can enjoy a nice river rafting experience here (at own cost). Lunch will be served enroute. Drive further to Alchi, nestled in the barren mountain valley of river Indus. Here you will see the Monastic complex of Alchi comprising of many shrines namely Lha-Khang Soma (New Temple), Sumstek (Triple storied shrine), Dukhang (Assembly Hall), Lotsava Lhakhang, Manjushri Lhakhang (Temple of Manjushri), Three Chhortens (Stupas). Return back to Leh for dinner at the hotel. Overnight stay at Leh.
Day 8: Depart – Leh
Today you bid farewell to your Fascinating Ladakh tour. After breakfast you will check out and proceed to the airport for your homebound journey. Return home with wonderful memories.
- Return economy class airfare on Go Air.
- 5 Nights accommodation at Leh.
- 1 Night accommodation at Nubra Valley.
- 1 Night accommodation at Pangong.
- Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Leh sightseeing including Thiksey Monastery, Shey Palace, Hemis Monastery, Shanti Stupa.
- Visit Nubra Valley via Khardung La Pass.
- Visit Diskit Monastery and the Sand Dunes at Hunder.
- Visit Pangong Lake through Chang-la pass.
- Excursion to Alchi enroute Hall of Fame, Gurudwara Patthar Saheb, Magnetic Hill.
- Return Airport transfers & Sightseeing using Non Air Conditioned vehicle on seat in Coach Basis.
- Travel Insurance for Indian Citizen up to the age of 70 years.
- Expenses of personal nature viz. tips, porterage, room service, laundry, mineral water, alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages, phone calls, additional sightseeing tours and excursions not included in the itinerary, still or video camera fees etc.
- Any meals / en route meals unless specified.
- Any increase in fuel cost, government taxes, entrance fees, intra and interstate taxes etc, the tour price will be amended in accordance.
- Surcharges applicable during Conventions, Special Events and Trade fairs.
- Entrance fees and guide charges wherever applicable.
- Any items / services not specifically mentioned in the ‘Package Inclusions’ column.
- Supplement charges applicable for Long weekends and festivals.
- Rafting, Camel Safari, Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head ‘Package Inclusions’.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health of passenger travelling, roadblocks or any factors beyond control.
- Cost can not be clubbed with any other package.
——–Tour ends with Sweet Memories———